Monday, July 31, 2006

Sorry for the lack of posts

Its been about a week since I posted - not like me at all. We had a tough week around here - I had an outpatient surgury last Wednesday and didn't feel like myself again until Saturday. But I'm back feeling like my regular self now.

What else has been happening - its been hot! Really hot! Last night we went to the movies just to cool off. Saw Pirates of the Carribean - it was ok. It left you hanging just so you have to go see the next one that comes out. Didn't really appreciate that much. We also just hung around all weekend. I read a few books from the library and played board games with the neighbors. Our neighbor Peter is great at any game we play - we haven't found one yet that he isn't good at. So Steven and I have to practice at home first before we go over to play. This weekend it was Scrabble. Maybe we will get a new game to try, not tell Peter the rules, and see how we do against him. He'll probably win...

This week should be hot here. Maybe 100 plus on Wednesday. Yick. But the weekend should be in the high 70s - just in time for someone's birthday. I have to take some pictures of the yard and my flowers. They are coming in nice. We also have to get ready for the fall and I'm not sure where I will plant my mum's yet. Since everything else is doing so well. No progress to report on the windows yet - we did buy paint last week but haven't even opened it yet. Maybe this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey some time I should bring you Scotland Yard from the lake to try with Peter. Remember how you guys loved it and it wasn't made for very long so it might be a collector!!