Monday, March 12, 2007

New Phones

So on Saturday our Verizon accounts were up for a $100 credit towards new phones. Since mine had taken to not working with my hands free headset, we decided to go in to get new ones. Well the phones were buy one get one free, so we just had to pay for the hands free headsets. Those sales people try to get you into the largest price you'll pay. Luckily we caught what she was doing and said we just need the headsets, not the car charger (I never used our old one) and neither of us needs a case for the cell phone. Then they try to get you to do mobile web and text messaging - um - no thanks - we just want to use our phones to make phone calls (GASP!). Well - the wait wasn't as long as we thought it would be - but we were there about an hour. Pretty good for late on Saturday afternoon and now we've been trying to figure out the bluetooth hands free headsets - haven't quite gotten that under control yet so we apologize if we hang up on anyone!

3 comments:

Brian said...

I got Tina a new phone from Verizon with a similar deal. We each have a Razr now. What kind of phone did you get? I have heard some details on the Razr at work that the percentage of phone returns for repair has climbed sharply. Be sure to hold onto your receipt if you bought a Razr!

Runner Chick Allison said...

The woman at the place said that the razr's have problems holding their battery. We just got the basic model - LG I think. I don't like it as much as the little samsung that I had. The ring choices on this phone are not the best. I like the bluetooth though - and Steven likes it too which I didn't expect.

Anonymous said...

When I got my Razr last year the sales guy told me to get the extended life battery because people have battery problems, but I stuck with the normal battery and it usually lasts 3-4 days before I need to recharge it. Thats good enough for me! :)