Monday, January 28, 2008

Sad Day :(

Ian had to start daycare today - it was a sad day leaving him there. I've only called once to check in so far and they have told me he's doing fine and only got fussy when he wanted to eat. I think I heard him crying a bit when I left but I'm not sure. He was sort of asleep in his car seat when we arrived and woke up a bit while I was about to leave. He didn't really nap at all this morning. I think he knew something was up. But then again it was probably just Mummy overreacting. I have to keep telling myself that its fine, lots of people do it, but it just seems so unnatural to me not to have him with me. He's basically been with me for so long (except for the stint in the NICU) - I know that it will get easier but I keep asking myself why this is worth it? Oh right - we have to pay bills...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

((((((((Allison))))))), here's a hug for you, i know that wasn't easy to leave your little man this morning. Absence only makes the heart grow fonder, and he knows you're thinking of him every minute...
Love
Michelle

Runner Chick Allison said...

I think Steven is having as hard a time - he called the daycare too to check on him around lunchtime! At that point he'd had almost two bottles, had a nap and pooped twice:) So I won't check in until later!

Tina said...

The first 3 months Addison was in daycare I spent my lunch hour there every day to nurse her. It is so hard to leave them... Payton is now 3 and in the 3 year old pre-school room at daycare and she loves school, and all her friends there. Hang in there, it gets better:) But the feelings of guilt will last 18 years or more...