Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Classic Ian

Tonight Ian went to the store with Mommy and Daddy and got a new BaBoon - a halloween one with spiders on it. He held onto it throughout the entire store. I could keep track of where he and Daddy were at all times by watching the bobbing baboon in the store. He smiled at everyone and would wave hello at people. When we got home he and Daddy spent some time upstairs while Mommy took a work call. The baboon came everywhere. When I got upstairs he was in fine spirts. The newest thing is that he is learning how to go down off of things (stairs, couch etc) he now thinks that he needs to go backwards to get off his rug and onto the wood floor. The big 1/2 inch drop really gets you there. The other thing that some people have seen is his headstand. He tends to do it while tired. But he puts his head on the floor and does a tripod looking thing. We've tried to get a picture or video but haven't been able to yet. We also saw Ian do his first sign tonight - for milk - he squeezed both hands and I said I thought he meant he wanted milk so Steven gave him his straw cup and sure enough he drank. That is the sign I do the least so its funny he did it first.

No comments: