Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gingerbread house building

Last week we made the gingerbread house that Grammy brought down when she came a few weeks ago. Let me start off by explaining that Ian hadn't napped in four days, wanted to wear PJs to try to take a nap, so I let him. Anyway no nap was had and I was looking for an easy way to entertain him. A gingerbread house isn't the way to go. So here it was 3:30 PM, he's in his pjs, we were attempting to use the ineffective "glue" otherwise known as icing to hold the sides up and not succeeding. Ian was eating the candy, Daddy walking in the door and wondering why we weren't ready to go to the mall to see Santa, and the walls were falling down. Ian busts out with "that's not how Bob builds a house" and then breaks down wailing. Anyway - after going upstairs with Steven to calm down, he came back, we stuck a few pieces of candy (which had since slid down because our "glue" (icing) wasn't hard enough yet) and headed out to meet Santa. Poor little guy - Mommy's no Bob I guess!











2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh Allison, I can relate! Last year I bought a kit thinking "this is going to be fun!" and when Mama couldn't get the house to look EXACTLY like the photo on the box Payton totally broke down... sorry girl, Mama is not an expert icing maker! Ours was WAY too thin! Your did turn out nice though:)

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great.
Grammy