Friday, November 10, 2006

House guest

So this week we have had one of Steven's co-worker's kids staying with us. He's not a problem at all and gives Steven someone to hang out with! Last night they were making a model car in the basement and I think Steven had as much fun as Chase did. Today there is no school and so I dropped Chase off at the tennis club to hang out there today. His mom comes back tomorrow so only one more night. Not much else going on - its been really busy for me with work and now that the holiday season is starting I think its going to be much more busy overall. This weekend I have to do some baking because next weekend we go to MA for that wedding and the pre-Thanksgiving Lynch get to gether. Then its off to North Carolina, back to CT, and off to New Orleans. I won't have a breather until December.

I'm reading a good book this week - Freakonomics - its on the best seller list and its been out a while. Its interesting - sort of looks at economics in a new way. Pretty interesting for someone whose major was econ but I don't remember a thing! Not what my parents want to hear after putting me through school... but at least I still remember the political science - Steven was annoyed with me on Tuesday night beacuse I was following the election returns.

3 comments:

Brian said...

I read Freakonomics a few months ago and really enjoyed it. I'm not much of a reader, but this book kept me interested. There are some really interesting concepts in there.

Runner Chick Allison said...

I know - its keeping my attention and I didn't think it would - but I keep seeing it on what college students are reading so I figured I should pick it up!

Anonymous said...

All you need to know about college econ... supply and demand.
Now that I have refreshed your memory, I will be sending you a tuition bill in the mail.

Thank god I have a master's degree in economics so I can remember that stuff ;)