Monday, December 18, 2006
Gift wrapping
The Volunteer Center is in charge of the gift wrapping at the mall over the holiday season. As a board member, I was supposed to sign up for four three hour shifts. Back in October the woman running it started signing us all up and it got messed up then. I was willing to do some shifts that she said were filled and then in November when the sign up sheet when around again the original shifts I wanted were empty - go figure! Anyway - I did my first two shifts last Sunday. Fine. Then this week at our meeting they needed more help yesterday. I said fine, I can do another shift, I'll do 2-5. I got there early, about 1:30 and the person I was relieving left right at two. The person who was relieving me had something come up, and so I ended up doing 1:30 to 7 ish. AND I have to get there at 4 this afternoon and stay until 8 and do one more shift tomorrow from 11-2. I think I'm doing more than my fair share and it was asked of me if I could do more later in the week! GEEZ! Ask some people who haven't done it at all. So, in reality I have or will do 6 shifts plus a little more here and there. I told them I can't do any more. I feel bad, but I have to finish my shopping and make more candy this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you've done enough to me. Just say no Allison! They keep asking cause you keep doing. Good luck.
Michelle
Post a Comment