Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend update

It was a good weekend - but it flew by too quickly! Last night I said I needed another day off to recover. Again- lots of working around the house but nothing to show for it! Steven replaced some rotten wood yesterday but by the time we had it primed to go back up it was getting close to the time to leave for dinner with our neighbors. So the pieces are sitting in the basement ready to go. I planted my flowers in front - and have some more to grow a bit bigger before I plant them in the back. Its still a little cool out - in the mid sixties - so things are not growing that great. The lawn looks good though- Steven mowed it yesterday and as long as I keep on top of the weeds and spray each week I think it will be the best one in the neighborhood. Oh- and the people across the street have started building this stone wall - I'll have to take a picture of it and post it. It is the most ridiculous thing ever. They are building it around two trees right on the sidewalk. I keep saying don't they need a permit for it - geez- its ugly and we will have to stare at it. They always sit on their front lawn - weird - they are foreign but I can't tell where they are from. The grandmother is always out sweeping her lawn - yes sweeping it not raking. Its strange. No one on the street has a fence in front of their house - this just looks crappy if you want to really know what I think!

Lets see - Mother's Day - I received some well wishes and my husband surprised me after tennis with a card and flowers - a huge arrangement. I joked and said did he take the baby shopping... but that will be next year. Dinner with the neighbors came about because we've been BBQing alot with them lately and they wanted to repay the favor. Went to a place Steven and I never knew was there and it was pretty good - brick oven pizzas etc. Seriously I need a nap today - just finished reading and scoring over 120 applications for a scholarship that I am on the committee for. Its taken forever and I am sick of reading things off my computer screen. I'm off to lunch now...

No comments: