Ian and I made it back by about 1:00 today - not too bad. We were in Massachusetts for Colleen's bridal shower yesterday. After a rough day Friday when Ian woke with a fever and we went to the doctor to discover ANOTHER ear infection, we didn't think we would make it. But the medication made all the difference and by Friday night he was almost his old self. We left Saturday morning and made it there by about 1. Ian's highlights of the weekend - scooting around Grammy's kitchen, taking baths in her bathtub, watching Auntie Colleenie blow bubbles at him, hanging out with Grampy at his Great Uncle Joe's, meeting his other aunts (Auntie Betty and Auntie Margie) at the shower, and generally being a very good little guy. Despite the hot and humid weather we survived yet another all by ourselves trip to Methuen.
here is some other news to make the blog - since it went public last week to the "sorority" industry - I've got a new job starting August 1st - I will be the Director of Educational Technologies for Delta Zeta Sorority (my own sorority). I will be working 100% from home with this new position so its very exciting. We will be a little more flexible to be able to visit family and friends in MA and NH more. Ian can't wait to spend some quality time at the lake with his Grampy - he might even get to sit on the boat. Steven and I will have to work things out as far as a schedule with the little guy - but the plan is to do some small renovations on the house to give me a home office/Ian's playroom where the dining room currently is and put the dining room off the kitchen (doesn't it make sense to be there anyway) with a new door to the backyard. Construction starts next week... stay tuned.
I didn't bring the camera - so Grammy or Colleen are going to have to send pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment