So the I-Man is the big One. Yup- we've made it a year. Officially he's been home with us for 11 months - so we haven't hit the year living at home yet. Then we will have the celebration of his adjusted year. He's going to be partying for the next two months! Let's see - things that Ian is doing at a year old. He's walking like crazy behind anything he can push. He also pulls up on anything and everything (as evidenced by the little finger prints all over Grammy's tables this weekend). His favorite books are Brown Bear and Guess How Much I Love You. He also will sit still for the color book or the turkey book. We still don't let him watch any TV so music is his outlet. He still likes Baby Beluga best of all but we've branched off recently to Dan Zanes music and the new Barenaked Ladies kids album called Snacktime. Naps were getting better before I left for Ohio - then I tried to get him on track in two days which didn't work - and then we were in NH for the weekend and the schedule was thrown out the window. On Friday he napped a total of 20 minutes in his stroller. Today was a bit better - he must have felt more at home because he did his usual two hour after waking nap while we were trying to pack and then he did his hour and a half afternoon nap in the car right at 1 PM. Ian LOVED the lake. He likes water so a huge bathtub was right up his alley. It was chilly to swim but so sunny. He didn't know quite what to do with the sand but he seemed to like it. He got to play with Auntie Colleen alot - and we swear tonight when we were looking at the pictures on her blog that he said something that resembled "Auntie Colleenie". But he liked Uncle Kenny even more than Colleenie. I mean LOVED. He climbed all over him as soon as he got to the beach on Saturday. He wouldn't let him go. Ian and his cousin Noah got to play together as much as a 12 month old and 6 month old can really do. Ian didn't really understand "gentle" and would have run Noah right over if we let him. Oh -- and we did a little Elmo cookie on his official birthday on Friday - I'll let the pictures tell that story until I can get the video up. Trust me - we didn't let him do that to the cake on Saturday! Oh- and favorite gifts -the tunnel from Grammy and Grampy and the tag on the bag that his gifts came in - not necessiarly in that order!


2 comments:
ahem... I would like a photo credit please!
All but the first were from you!
Post a Comment