Monday, May 15, 2006

Good book

So as you all know I've been frequenting the library in Bethel. I found a neat book which I am in the middle of reading called "A Barn in New England: Making a home on three acres" by Joseph Monninger. I found it in the non-fiction section so I think its a true story of this man and his wife who buy a two hundred year old barn and their first year fixing it up. It is is Warren NH - where it that? He mentions Route 25 and Plymouth. Plus his father in law is from Tilton. The part I read last night talks about how they will heat this huge place. I guess it was originally a summer place so only had a wood stove. They got these huge Bennigton Home Heaters which burn coal or wood. Interesting... Like I said - I'm only part way through the book but I think they are successful in fixing it up - wouldn't I love to think I can do something like that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI-- Warren is a little bump in the road north-west of Plymouth--- I believe it is on (or just off of) Route 25... it's not in my region, so I don't really know or care to know much more about it than that.