Tuesday, September 19, 2006
No Alcohol at the Alcohol Summit
So for all of you smart alecs there was no alcohol at the Alcohol Summit - sorry to disappoint! We did get to talk alot about how these college student do socialize with alcohol these days. Boy did I learn some stuff I didn't realize! Plattsburgh is a school a lot like Maine - in the middle of nowhere with what they think of as nothing to do and so the students socialize with - you guessed it - alcohol. What amazed me was that their definition of high risk drinking was when you finally black out or pass out. They didn't make the connection that hey - you would probably want to not get to that point and intervene before then. All of their drinking games lead to these problems and they don't want to see that or acknowledge it because that is what they consider fun. Sometimes I get so frustrated because I want things to change - but I guess they do just slowly! Guess that's why I enjoy work - always something to do :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Allison, I'm sure you played your fair share of Beer Pong while at Maine... don't go getting high and mighty now!
Not really - I drank but not like these kids were talking about - it seriously scared me to think about some of the stuff they were talking about. Not only drinking but mixing other drugs in with it. There were lots of incidents of sexual assaults and destruction of property. I don't remember doing any of that in college.
Post a Comment