Yesterday Steven decided to go fishing up in Cornwall which is north up route 7 almost towards western MA. So he had me pack a bag and he and got a motel room and we headed up there. First, we got there and the Hitching Post Motel isn't the Ritz - not a big deal - its only a night. Then, when we headed out to his favorite fishing spot the skies opened up and the lighting started. It poured for about an hour. We went back to the room and it stopped. So he went back out fishing and I stayed in the room - stechy as it was. Then we went to Kent - the little town 9 miles back down the road - the closest place around for dinner. He was having problems with the girl who was working at the tennis club that night and his cell phone reception was almost nothing. Well we head into dinner a couple minutes before 8 and when he goes back outside to call work there is no answer. Guess the girl decided to leave and go to the movies. I had a lovely dinner by myself since he was on the phone all night. Then on the ride back to the motel, Steven stops to get cell phone service - and his pasta goes flying all over the car... nice end to a day. Today was much better - he went fishing early came back for me about 8 and we went to breakfast, he fished again, I waited in the truck. Oh - did I forget to say that I can still hardly move because of my back which I hurt earlier this week? I did go down by the river a little later and will post some picutres later when I can get them to upload. It was and still is a great day outside :) But I will be glad to sleep in my bed tonight - no more Hitching Post...



No comments:
Post a Comment