So I had a quick trip to Buffalo this week to work with a chapter there. They were in a bit of trouble with the school - well ok - more than a bit of trouble. I had a good meeting with the chapter and gave them a lot to think about - how they fit into AEPhi and what their "brand" as a chapter is. How they want to be known and what they need to change or start doing to get there. The greek advisor is a piece of work and part of the issue - but the chapter isn't entirely perfect either but I think we can work with them. Today I got a delivery of flowers from the chapter with a note saying thanks for all of my help! Never in my career has a chapter or student sent me flowers saying thanks! This is a first. Unfortunately my first thought was, you owe the national sorority so much money you just wasted it on me! But it was nice and I thought the visit went well and obviously they did as well.
What else - I'm wearing materity clothes this week - today is my first day in jeans. Old Navy short are almost perfect - a little bit long still be way better than the others I've tried on. I've got prenatal pilates tonight and this weekend should also be busy - with a DZ craft fair on Saturday and a brunch on Sunday honoring a woman from the Volutneer Center. I'm going to that with my neighbor who is coordinating it. next week is bubble down week at the tennis club - so Steven will be working a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment