Monday, April 23, 2007

Monday update

So this weekend we did a lot around the yard. Steven redid the lawn in the back with renting a Thatcher and reseeding the entire lawn. It already looks better and I am sure it will pop up nicely with the warm weather we are having this week. Nothing like going straight into summer from winter. It was 80 degrees yesterday and today they say we might get up over 85 which is the record. I had my appointment at the doctor's today. I heard the heartbeat again- and this time the little stinker was moving around so the doctor couldn't get a good read on it - but we heard it. Next month at my 20 week appointment we will have the ultrasound and get a picture of the baby. That is when we will find out what we are having. Both of us want to know - for different reasons - I just want to know if the baby's room needs to be painted - its pink with green trim right now - Steven just wants to know boy or girl. We will tell if its a boy or girl - but I won't share names - I don't want anyone saying to me ahead of time - "Oh - that's a 'nice' name" and me know that they really don't like it. So - no one will know names that we are thinking of but Steven and I (and that way Colleen can't call dibs on it... Gertie...). And if we pick a name (don't worry KP - we won't be going with Benjamin!) that any friends or family were thinking of for their own kids - tough luck - we got to it first! So - no trying to get names out of us. But feel free to stock up on pink or blue items as appropriate (mom - this means stop buying yellow and green outfits!)

5 comments:

Tina said...

We did the exact same thing with both pregnancies. We divulged the sex, but didn't tell anyone the names. Our reasons were pretty much the same as yours. I am excited to hear when you find out:)

Anonymous said...

If you steal Gertie there will be hell to pay! :)

Runner Chick Allison said...

Not to worry - We don't plan on Gertie... that is all yours!

Anonymous said...

I think Gertie St. Germain is a cute name.

Runner Chick Allison said...

i bet that is my mother saying that!