Thursday, April 19, 2007

Its Thursday

And its not sunny - but the weatherman promised us a good weekend. Its been a long week - of course all that is on the news is the Virgina Tech shooting. I can't even imagine what would possess someone to do that. Right now I don't know anyone who works there -but I have known people in the past. Its horrible. Then the video and pictures released last night are enough to turn your stomach. Its sort of hard to change the channel and not watch... but on a lighter note... I did relish the fact that Sanjaya was voted out last night! Finally! I don't have to hear him screeching anymore and the real competition can begin. Oh - and tonight is a new Grey's Atanomy. Can't wait. Yes - my life revolves around TV but I won't break down and get a TiVo or anything like that - if I miss a show I miss a show.

4 comments:

Brian said...

We've had TiVo for a while now and it is great, especially with the kids. Not only can we watch our shows once they're asleep, but we can put a cartoon on for Payton anytime...when she's being good that is.

Tina said...

As Brian said, we really use our TiVO tons since have kids... And time is at a premium, so fast forwarding through commercials, and pausing live TV is a must!!! Once you have it though, you can NEVER go back:)

Runner Chick Allison said...

Too funny! That's why I don't want to get sucked in! Can't turn back. The other day Steven said that he'd like a car with a DVD player in it someday to keep the child entertained - I said I didn't think so but maybe that will change too!

Brian said...

The car DVD player is great too! I'll record a bunch of Payton's shows with the TiVo, then I connect it to the computer and capture the shows to the hard drive, then I burn a DVD with her shows! I grew up taking many road trips with nothing more than my imagination for entertainment, but if the DVD player was available, I'm sure I would have wanted it!