Thursday, May 11, 2006

Living in town

Growing up in Methuen we were right around the corner from the library. I went there a lot - as my parents can tell you. But of course I worked there too so I sort of had to be there. One thing I really like about living in Bethel is that we are also around the corner from the library. A little bit farther then in Methuen but still close. I can walk there in no time and so I've started to take advantage of it. We also live very close to the movie theater, dry cleaners, pizza place, video place, CVS, the grocery store, our bank, and the liquor store. Actually, the wall for the liquor store is that brick wall you see in our yard. Not that I walk over there much... But all are within a 15 minute walk of the house. Steven is even on a first name basis with Norma at our bank. Last night I had to return library books - it looked like rain - so I drove and felt guilty about it when I could have saved the gas and just walked. Oh well - next time.

1 comment:

Tina said...

When we lived in MA we never went to the library, but now with Payton we have started to use the library here in Owatonna. They have a really great kids section. We don't live close enough to walk though unfortunately. We live on the edge of town so we have to drive everywhere.