OK - when SBC merged with ATT a year or more ago they started switching our email around. At first I didn't mind it - but this morning when I went on to check my email they now have huge ads on the screen that I can't get rid of when in my inbox. Can you say annoying? I pay for this service, we don't use the free yahoo email - this is what we use for our DSL at home and so comes with the stupid Yahoo email. I wrote to them twice this morning because of course there isn't a way to turn off the ads that is readily accessible to someone using the service. All the more reason to switch our DSL - We've never been happy with it and really liked the cable modems we had in Danbury and Redding better. That would mean changing email addresses - but at this point this might be the last straw for me.
Oh - in other news - we got a crib, mattress, changing talbe and assorted other things from Steven's boss yesterday - they have five kids and the youngest is six. It was nice of him and his ex-wife to give us the furniture. Now the big debate - should I get a rocker or a glider? The wife said glider, she had one but used it with all five kids, and I would hate to be the one the broke it since she wants it back for sentimental reasons. Also - bouncy chair and swing, or one or the other? And what one to get? We've started looking at Babies R Us and started a list there - but its all confusing!
3 comments:
I like the glider, but it is really hard to find a "good" looking glider...they all look like they belong in Grandma's house! Rockers can be more stylish. I'm sure Tina will leave a lengthy comment on your questions.
Well, Allison here I am to tell all... You HAVE to register and Babies R Us for starters:) I like the glider because it doesn't pinch little fingers as you are gliding like the rocking chair does. This will become more important as your baby crawls and starts to pull up. They are super comfortable too. But Brian is right, not as nice looking always. That is awesome that you got all the furniture. That was our biggest purchase I think.
You HAVE to get a bouncy seat. You can get one that does a lot of stuff, but all you really need is the vibrations. Ours is Fisher Price and I always recommend it because it can hold up to 50 pounds (I think). Which is great as your child gets bigger. Most cap at 20 pounds so look for that. Payton would probably still be using it as a chair if Addison didn't love it so much. They are great for babies because you can move it anywhere and until the baby can hold their head up on their own they can't really "sit" anywhere! Ours also has a "kick stand" to recline and then can be a little rocker as the baby gets bigger. And of course it has the "activity" bar over it with toys.
We do have a swing which is nice too, we use it every night during dinner so that we can actually eat with 2 hands! With both of our girls though it took a while before they really did enjoy the swing. You can get smaller versions that are nice, and take up less space!
Hope that helps, sorry it's so long:) We really did a lot of research while pregnant with Payton!
No that is great info Tina!! Thanks - I am in the research stage too - I like that on the Babies R Us Website you can read people's comments on products - very helpful.
Post a Comment