Thursday, June 14, 2007

Seven things about me

Tina tapped me to share seven things about me - I think it might take a while to think up some good ones - so here goes... and I will tap Colleen and Lucas (since those are the only other two blogs I connect too) to give us seven things as well...

1 - My favorite color used to be dark green, then it was light blue, and now I think its red... since most everything I tend to go towards, whether it be clothes or furniture is red.

2 - I take after my dad - I like vanilla soft serve with chocolate JIMMIES (not sprinkles as they are called here in CT).

3 - I have a dent in the back of my head so I could never shave my head bald without it looking weird.

4- In second grade I lost the class spelling bee which basically set me up for a life filled with anxiety about spelling - thank god for spell check!

5- When I was a kid I created a great game called Witchy Poo.... it went like this - I would stand on the front steps of my parents house and have my brother and sister and the neighbor kids stand on the lawn and sing a song "Witchy Poo, Witchy Poo, when ya comin out?" and I'd respond with however I was feeling "After I take a shower, when I've cleaned my toenails..." etc until finally either the kids on the lawn started to drop from boredom, or I felt like chasing them - then i would Yell "Now" after their song and run down and grab the closest kid and they would be out. I don't remember if they got to be Witchy Poo next or if I went back up there - I probably went back up knowing me...

6- In high school I took ice skating for gym class (we had an ice rink in our high school instead of a pool like a normal school) and right before Christmas I was showing off (well not really since I had been figure skating since I was 6 or 7) and tried to do a sit spin and kicked my leg out from under me, landed on my face and skidded across the ice. I had to go to the nurse in a wheelchair and then for the holidays had a nice black and blue on my face. Huge. Could see it in pictures.

7- Finally, in college, I think my freshman year, I got a really bad sore throat and really couldn't eat much for a few days. I went to Cutler Health Center and they did a strep test but sent me to class that day awaiting the results. Well I went to my speech class and the really cute guy in it that I talked to a bit sat next to me that day. I started to feel a little woozey and raised my hand and told the professor I was going to the bathroom, well I got into the hall somehow, cute guy followed me because I guess I looked really pale, and I passed out there in the hall and he had to catch me. They called an ambulance and I went to the hospital in Bangor. Cute guy (Dave) took my bookbag back to my dorm and told my friends where I was. My parents didn't even know I went to the hospital until I told them later - over 18 - can check yourself in - even if you are on your parents insurance. Anyway - a few IV drips later they checked me out saying I was dehydrated and had strep. Thanks Cutler Health Center for sending me to class. The outcome - I became friends with the cute guy Dave - who really was sort of not that smart because we ended up in a few more classes together and I helped him study but he did live in MA and drove me home a few times during school breaks. And then that summer I had my tonsils removed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems like just yesterday - reading the blog brought back many memories.
Mom

Runner Chick Allison said...

What - just yesterday that I was that annoying kid making all the younger kids play with me in the yard? Or being the worst patient ever when I had my tonsils out? I'm never very good with surgeries... especially when I have to give up my glasses and can't see a darn thing!