Friday, August 31, 2007

Journaling

This is a non-baby post - but sort of baby post - I have always kept a sort of journal since college. The past few years I haven't kept a written one but looking back through the blog this afternoon I am glad I started it because it reminds me of what has happened in the past few years. Especially this summer and my "shortened" preganacy. Back in May I was calling Ian a boy and I am glad my instincts were right. Then last week right before I had him I told Steven to bring the big bag from home because you never know when you will go into labor and have to pack up - well that night I went into labor. I'm keeping a written journal of all things Ian from the NICU that I write in each night - but this blog is so easy to keep up that when he is older I hope that I can save it somewhere so he can see all that we went through. Of course I also have a baby book that I've been keeping and will probably add another one to it - but this here gives a daily or weekly update on what we've been up to in daily life - sort of neat.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I was never much into keeping a journal... then I got pregnant with Payton. I kept a journal for the entire length of each of my pregnancies through delivery. Now my blog serves that purpose. Maybe my girls will read them someday!