Friday, September 14, 2007

Update on feedings

Well - Steven just called from the NICU from the 11 AM visit and the doctor said Ian can start bottles today - but we are going to wait until tonight's feeding so I have another chance to feed him this afternoon. I'm not sure if its too soon or not - I don't want him to get used to the bottles and not want to nurse. But I am sure the doctor knows best - but I just can't believe how soon they are letting him try it. That means that he can get the tube out of his nose quicker I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats great!

Anonymous said...

That's great, Ian is on the fast track to get home. Ya'll better get on that nursery. Is it your breast milk in the bottle or formula?

Love ya
Michelle

Runner Chick Allison said...

it will be breast milk - but we are going to hold off until tonight and feed one more time with me - then we will see how he does.

Tina said...

Don't worry too much about the bottle vs. breast thing... use slow flow nipples on the bottles and keep him breastfeeding like you have been and he will do great! The most important thing is that he is getting your milk:)