Saturday, March 18, 2006

Its a great day out - but a little cold. 8:30 is pretty early for me to be up on a Saturday morning. But I have things to do. I've been wanting to pick up the twigs in the yard for about a month now. Our yard looks horrible. Of course it is the beginning of spring so it should not look that great. But the chestnut trees seem to loose a lot of branches. And its been windy. And for me to notice that there are tons of twigs around must mean there are a lot.

Last night we we to Greenwoods in Bethel for St. Patrick's Day - I didn't know there were so many Irish in CT. The place was packed. But at least Steven had made a reservation. We finished our meal just in time - the bagpippers started up. And they really were not the best bagpippers I've ever heard. The one at our wedding was much much better. Steven never got to hear him though since he started playing after Steven was in the church and left before we came out. I have a picture though.

Speaking of pictures. Some of you may be wondering where your pictures from our wedding are. I am wondering the same exact thing. Back in December I called Forever in Time, the photography place, to order prints to give as Christmas presents. Well, its been over three months and still no pictures. It got to a point that I called about twice a week. At one point the lady I've been dealing with tells me that they mislabeld my prints because there was another Allison Lynch who got married on the same day and when they completed the order they realized it wasn't me because the pictures they had labeld with the print numbers didn't match the list of descriptions and print numbers I gave them. She told me this in Jan. I remember because I was in MA for a day or so when I went to MIT to do a recruitment workshop. This is about when I started calling a few times a week. Now you should know that when I ordered my album the company said that I couldn't buy the negatives but that if I ever lost the album or wanted prints, I could call and it wouldn't be a problem. I weighed the pros and cons and figured that it wasn't a big deal. I even have a witness - Mom was with me when I picked up the album. To contine - then I faxed copies of the prints I wanted over to them to compare when they are going through all the old prints. Still nothing. This week I finally got fed up. I called again and said that if they had lost my negatives they needed to just tell me so I can deal with it and move on. No more of this crap. The lady said - and I quote - "I agree - we just need to be upfront" GEEZ! She then said that I could buy the negatives and would have to speak to the owner but that they would work out a deal so I wouldn't have to pay the $150. GEEZ! that is nothing! I would have paid that back in 2004 when we got married. So here I am with no pictures (well I have my album and a couple that I got from them then) and no negatives and the company never calls me back. If anyone is getting married up there soon - I do not reccomend Forever in Time!

No comments: