Thursday, August 17, 2006

Out of the blue

That could describe the great weather we have been having here in New England this week. The weatherman this morning didn't have a lot to say beyond "it's going to be awesome out today." The other thing that was out of the blue was last night. We had just finished cooking dinner and had it on the table when the front doorbell rang. Normally people just come to the back door so that was strange. Steven went to the door and from the kitchen I hear this voice saying "Hi, I'm Steve Wolfe, from Pitney Bowes, Allison knows me from the MS Bike Tour." Of course my Steven had never met Steve Wolfe (we always referred to him by first and last names in the office) but he had heard plenty about him. He had gotten a promotion with PB and was working up in Newtown this week and on the ride home saw the signs for Bethel, remembered that I said we lived near the movie theater, and ended up finding the house. We inivted him in for dinner and then had a good visit with him before he jumped on his motorcycle and headed back home to Stamford. So of course I had to call Priscilla (who I used to work with) and I said "Guess who just knocked at our door?" and she must still share a brain with me even though its been a few months since I've seen her because she guessed "Steve Wolfe?" We then had a nice chat and caught up on things. I like it when stuff like that happens out of the blue. Made my week - its been a pretty low key week and needed some excitment!

Oh - making progress on the windows. We would have had the outside trim primed last night but we forgot that we had to caulk around the sides and it needed to dry. Today may see some painting going on!

No comments: