Monday, August 28, 2006

Rainy Weekend

The rain is letting up today but it was horrible all weekend. Felt cold and clammy and we didn't really do much at all. Yesterday though we painted windows and made a great dinner. Fall and winter are when we tend to do more cooking - well - Steven did the cooking but I helped. Other than that we watched a few movies this weekend. I fell asleep as usual during the one he picked out on Sat night - but Sunday afternoon we watched the Notebook. Steven said he did his chick flick duty by watching that one. But I think he liked it. I reccomend it if anyone hasn't seen it. This morning was a slow morning - didn't have to be at work right at 9 so I made a stew that is cooking in the crock pot while Steven painted windows. He's off fishing right now - cold out to be fishing. And - I went to the library and got the next book club book. My neighbor Debbi goes to the book club at the library and last month was the Red Tent - so I got the next one - All Over But the Shouting by Rick Bragg. I'll let you know how that goes. Then in September I signed up for a Pilates class on Monday nights. Just something else to do.

Sorry its so boring around here - not that life in CT isn't fabulous - but its pretty ordinary and everyday. Maybe next week we will have more to report. Labor Day weekend is the last weekend of outside tennis at the club and then Steven has to put the bubble up over that week. Let's hope he doesn't work himself to the point of exhaustion.

No comments: