Monday, June 11, 2007

Food filled weekend

So on Friday we got the newspaper at the market - we ran in for some brauts for dinner with the neighbors and got talked into home delivery of the paper for the weekends. Just for signing up we got a free paper, a $10 gift card to the market, and a book full of restraunt coupons. Well in the paper they had a whole bunch of festivals and food things going on this weekend so it made it easy to plan out what we were going to do. Saturday for lunch we went to the Greek Festival in Danbury - brought back gyros to Peter and the kids, Steven had a long nap, and then we got ready for the Lobster Back at the volunteer fire department in Sandy Hook - We went with Peter and Liana and for $22 you got either a lobster or steak, corn, potato salad, soup and a drink. Boy a beer would have been good right about then! But no, I had a coke. There was an Irish band supposedly going on at 7 they ended up going on about 8 - we caught a few songs though. Many of which were familar from Mom's CDs that she keeps in the car. Then on the way home we stopped for ice cream - I got the usual - soft serve vanilla with chocolate jimmies. Sunday we were going to go to the Redding Chilli Cook off. But the sky was overcast and the French Open was on. So we BBQd ribs instead. I've realized that I can't eat a lot at a time though or I feel sick - I just sort of pick along at things. Well - the lobster I had no problem with... which was a relief!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Mmmm... sounds like a fun weekend! I remember feeling the same way about eating when I was pregnant with Payton. Eating a little more frequently was SO much better than eating more. We went to Chicago to visit my younger sister when I was about as far along as you are now, and I was so sad that I could only eat one piece of that famous Chicago deep dish pizza!