Ian was quick to arrive. At 2 PM I was 7 CM and by 3 PM I was ready to push. After about 20 minutes of maybe 4-5 series of pushes he arrived screaming. Which was a good sign for a preemie. They let Steven cut the cord but wisked him over to the doctors who examined him. He got 8 and 8 on his APGARs and we got to hold him for a moment before they took him to the NICU. He's been there ever since. He weighed 3 lbs 14 oz and was 17 1/4 inches long. He was 31 weeks so he's going to be in the NICU until closer to his Oct 23 due date. We'll know more as each day progresses. I got to hold him first since I spent 2 weeks in a bed for him. Daddy got to do the first poopy diper later that day. I came home on Friday and we will get into a routine of going to see the baby each day.
For those of you that have been yelling for pictures - here is the best we can do. More will follow and those will show him with fewer cords and tubes - they have taken him off the CPAP (the big blue and white breathing tubes) while we hold him. He's not on oxygen it just helps him get more breathing in. He's still on antibiotics but they've started giving him 1 cc of my milk every four hours - that really isn't a lot I've realized!
I look a little scared of him here - but I've always been nervous around little babies!
Here is Ian in the NICU just after they hooked him up to all the monitors.
The next day (Thursday) I got to hold him for the first time - he looks a little uncomfortable but trust me he zonked right out and had a good nap.
Here is Daddy with Ian - again - slept through the whole thing on Friday afternoon - didn't even realize I had left the hospital!
4 comments:
Happy to see you are back at the blog.
Love,
Mom and Dad
PS We made it home !!
Congrats Steven and Allison! I had a feeling when you didn't blog that he had arrived. I am so glad that he arrived safely and is doing well. 3 pounds 14 ounces is a good size for 9 weeks early. Our neice was 8 weeks early and weighed 3 pound 6 ounces (she is now 5 years old), and the time he remains in the hospital will go by in a flash!!! Thanks for the update! And you will be great with him Allison:)
congrats with your little one!
From friends of Todd & Shayna
Uncle Ken wants to know when Ian will be coming over to play video games.
The Little Guy is adorable, I'm so glad I got to meet him yesterday! :)
Post a Comment