Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Ian and the no nap day

Yesterday Ian decided not to nap at daycare. He slept in the car on the ride over for a little bit and stayed asleep for the first 20 minutes there, then he only slept a half an hour total the rest of the day. Let me tell you it was rough last night. Well - maybe not that bad - but he fell asleep in the car as soon as his little butt hit the seat at 5:20 and didn't wake up until 6 PM at home and then he was so out of it he forgot how to eat - at least I was able to sneak some pureed chicken into his cereal and sweet potatoes (I've learned that if you want to give him something new mix it with something orange that he already likes) - I think he either A) figured out it was in there or B) was too exhausted to eat anymore because he started to stuff his fingers up his nose. I really think he was going for his mouth but he forgot where it was. We briefly said hello to Daddy before he cut the lawn. We were upstairs by 6:30 and changing into pjs when the whining started. It reached a crescendo just about when I washed his face and he squirmed away screaming at the top of his lungs to outdo the lawnmower. By 6:35 he was in his favorite position - nursing - and there were no leg kicks or face grabs or any movement of any kind but frantic nursing. By 6:45 his little eyes started rolling back and closing - and by 7 PM he was in his crib on his side asleep holding Mr. Blankey (the silky one since Mr. Taggy was in the wash from when he threw up on him early on in the day). We didn't hear a peep from him all night - he didn't move from that position before I went to bed at 10. He stirred at 1 AM for a little snack and then he wasn't heard from again until 6 the morning when he woke up in a GREAT mood like last night never happened.

No comments: