So last night I couldn't do it - I just think that Ian needs that 1 or 2 am feeding. One of the other mom's from the mom's group came over yesterday with her boy and he's 8 months and although he's 24 pounds he's still up about the same time as Ian every night. In fact he goes to bed almost at the same time. But he does sleep until 7 or so in the morning. I think Ian would sleep that long too because this morning after the 1 AM feeding he slept until 5 (Nice anniversary present to Mummy and Daddy Ian...) - when he was up and demanding food. So he ate. Then we came downstairs to play (see picture below for his new play style - he likes to sit at the basket and take everything out and inspect it with his mouth) - but by 6:30 he was tired. He's asleep now in the crib - hardly a fight when I put him in it at 6:35. So - we are back to "normal" around here. For those of you that care to know - I've kept track of Ian's eating and waking since Jan in a little notebook that stays in the kitchen . At first Steven thought it was a little strange - but he's a convert to the notebook. The notebook is like the bible of Ian. When we pass him off to each other on Tuesdays and don't tell each other what he did for the day - the notebook fills in the blanks. Looking back in it Ian's typical wake up is 4 am without that early morning feeding. So - I'll stick with the early morning feeding rather than be up before the birds! Although 5 AM is really early as well but at least its more normal. Grampy is up that early - maybe Ian should call him when he wakes up to say hi?
PS- its our four year anniversary today... how are we celebrating... by taking a nap this afternoon... how exciting!
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary!
Hope you're able to work out a sleep schedule that works for both of you! (even if it includes compromises!)
How does he do when you are out of town for those feedings?
I haven't been out of town much - only two nights and he woke up and Daddy did a bottle.
Post a Comment