Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Stop the insanity

Remember that crazy exercise lady, Susan Powter? The one with the spikey blond hair who had an insane amount of energy and had lost a ton of weight? Well she's back - and was on Good Morning America this morning. I think the only reason she'd make me want to work out is to run far far away from her! She now has dreadlocks and tons of tatoos, but is still as hyper as ever. But, she does look like she's in shape. Not dead skinny, but healthy looking. Sometimes the pictures in magazines now are just depressing. All those super skinny models and stars. I do agree though - I find myself sitting most of the day and definitely not as active as when I was younger so I have to work harder to find time to get moving. When the weather is nice its easier. But I have no excuse - my husband works at a health club - and I can use it whenever I want - so I've just got to get myself there. Playing tennis twice a week, though fun, just doesn't cut it! Plus I haven't been that great at tennis lately - have to get back into it. The French Open is on this week. They are on ESPN2 from 6 AM until later in the afternoon. I was watching it the past couple mornings and maybe I'll get inspired for my tennis game. There was a thing advertised called Cardio Tennis which I might like to try. Would have to find a class close by here. They don't do it really at Steven's club.

No comments: