Friday, June 02, 2006

Sewing...

So I was a lucky girl this week - I actually had two sewing machines at one point. Steven got one for my anniversary present, but my mom's friend had an old one she hardly used that was in great condition that we got as well. So the brand new one went back and now I just have one. Have to figure out where to set it up. Since I don't have a ton of room I think I'll get a case for it and keep it in the dining room closet which has been turning into my craft closet. Then I can take it out and spread out on the table when I need to use it. The plan is to make curtains. But for now I will just practice on hemming pants. Its been years since I used a sewing machine so I have to get back into the "stitch" of things :) hahaha...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, do you actually know how to operate a sewing machine?

I have my doubts....

Anonymous said...

i agree with the first comment - when did you sew?

Tina said...

I hadn't used a sewing machine in years either until we bought our first house. I made curtains for our kitchen and dining room. Then about 6 months later I made different ones that were MUCH better! Now I am actually taking on a quilt!

Runner Chick Allison said...

I sewed when I took those summer classes at the voc in junior high - made a few fine pillows if I remember correctly...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone in our family sews. I tried and failed horribly. Ask Carri about the maternity jumper i made for her. God love her she actually wore it once i think. Gave my machine to a friend and she sews all the time.In fact she wanted it to make her curtains. Actually i made my curtains come to think of it. Just one set , that was enough for me. Seems cheaper to buy a machine than to buy curtains, whats up with that. The deal is she has to sew things i need done in exchange for the machine. I think i made out pretty good. Although i haven't needed anything sewn , ever. LOL.... Happy sewing Allison.
ps: i bet those pillows were great.

Anonymous said...

i do remember those pillows